DOCUMENTSConstitution 2016 Registration Form Nomination Form Proxy
Attention : All unions in membership of Rugby Africa
Ref : Notice of Rugby Africa’s 13th General Assembly Meeting
Rugby Africa is delighted to invite you to attend its 13th General Assembly Meeting.
Date : 2nd of March 2019
Location : Marrakech, Morocco
Venue : to be confirmed
The General Assembly Meeting will be preceded by an Extraordinary General Assembly Meeting. Agenda and proposals for the Extraordinary Meeting will be circulated at the latest six weeks before the meeting.
Agenda and all other documents pertaining to the General Assembly Meeting, such as activity reports and financial statements will be circulated as far in advance as possible.
Elections of Rugby Africa’s Executive Committee :
- Nomination forms for the elections of Rugby Africa’s next executive committee are attached. Nomination forms must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com and are receivable until the 15th of February 2019.
- Voting by proxy shall be permitted in exceptional circumstances and is subject to
the following conditions:
- Proxies must be nominated in writing five (5) days in advance of the meeting session, that is by the 25th of February 2019 at the latest and sent to Coralie.firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com .
- Proxies can only be exercised once – if a Union is unable to attend two meeting sessions in a row then the proxy cannot be used for the second or any subsequent meeting sessions. The right of proxy can only be exercised again when the Union has attended in person a subsequent meeting
- Proxies can only be held by Ordinary Members and each Ordinary Member may only hold one Proxy at any meeting session.
Please note below travel & accommodation policy as well as the program of the African Rugby Summit leading to the General Assembly Meeting.
- Travel & Accommodation policy :
Rugby Africa pays for return flights in economy class and accommodation on full board basis for one delegate per fully paid-up Rugby Africa member union. This delegate must be the union’s representative with voting rights.
Rugby Africa pays a travel subsidy and accommodation on full board basis for one delegate per fully paid-up Rugby Africa associate union.
A second delegate per union is welcome to join in a non-voting capacity but must pay for his/her flight and accommodation, including meals.
Please note :
- Economy class return tickets will be booked from main airport of departure in the delegate’s country of residence to Marrakech or Casablanca, Morocco depending on existing routes, availability and price. A transfer between Casablanca and Marrakech will be offered at no cost to the unions’ main delegates.
- Only when all outstanding debts have been cleared by the union, will Rugby Africa book the flight for the main delegate or pay the travel subsidy, in the case of associate unions.
- After 1st of February 2019, Rugby Africa will no longer book flights but pay a travel subsidy equal to the quote sourced in December and the union will have to purchase their own flight ticket.
- After 1st of February 2019, Rugby Africa does not guarantee availability in the hotel selected to host the event (Hotel to be confirmed) and the union might have to source alternative accommodation and local transport in Marrakech.
- Rugby Africa and Morocco Rugby Union will assist delegates to apply for their visas should there not be a Moroccan embassy in the country of origin of the union’s delegate.
- After 1st of February 2019, Rugby Africa and Morocco Rugby Union cannot guarantee that the visas applications will be processed in time for the event.
- Rugby Africa and Morocco Rugby Union can never be held responsible for the outcome of the visa application process in the event that the visa is denied.
- All costs related to visa application are to be borne by the unions.
Program of the African Rugby Summit :
27 February 2019 : Arrival of main unions’ delegates in Marrakech
28 February and 1 March 2019 : Workshops (1 delegate per union) around various topics delivered by World Rugby and Rugby Africa. Full program will be circulated early in 2019.
1 March 2019 : Arrival of unions’ second delegates if applicable
1 March 2019 : Opening evening cocktail
2 March 2019 : Extraordinary and Ordinary General Assembly Meeting
2 March 2019 : Gala evening
3 March 2019 : Departure
Key dates to remember :
1 December 2018 : registration forms to be sent back to Rugby Africa
18 January 2019 : purpose of the Extraordinary General Meeting to be circulated to unions
1 February 2019 : all outstanding fees and debts towards Rugby Africa to be cleared out
15 February 2019 : all nomination forms for Rugby Africa’s Executive Committee’s elections to be sent to Rugby Africa
25 February 2019 : all proxy forms to be sent to Rugby Africa
We appreciate your kind collaboration in adhering to the stipulated key dates to facilitate timely and efficient organisation of the event and look forward to seeing you in Marrakech.