The Rugby Africa Gold Cup is our flagship competition! It gathers the 6 best teams of all African Rugby Unions.
The 2018 edition of the Rugby Africa Gold Cup will be played by the national teams of Namibia, Kenya, Uganda, Morocco, Zimbabwe and Tunisia. The competition will be played in a league format with 15 home or away matches between the 16th of june and the 18th of August 2018.
The Rugby Africa Gold Cup matches will be filmed and broadcasted by Kwese Sports.
(Note that It is strictly forbidden to circulate the footage to any other media without prior authorization from Kwese Sports and / or Rugby Africa)
- Victory: 4 points + 1 bonus point for winning by three tries or more
- Draw: 2 points
- Loss: 0 point + 1 bonus point for losing by 7 points or less
- If a team refuses to play or abandons a match or was expelled from the tournament, its opponent will be declared the winner of the match opposing both teams (unless different decision made by Rugby Africa) and will received 4 points (+20 points scored)
- The winner will be established according to the ranking at the end of the competition according to the results of the matches, the number of points and other criteria.
- The last team will be relegated in the Rugby Africa Silver Cup in 2019 and be replaced by the winner of the 2018 Silver cup in the 2019 Gold Cup.
- The first 3 teams ranked 1, 2, 3 at the end of the 2018 tournament will host 3 matches in 2019. Teams ranked 4, 5 and 6 will play away 3 times in 2019 and host 2 matches each.
COMPETITION DOCUMENTSTournament Manual Gold Cup Gold Cup Logo